Melissa and Remi
Byron Bay Hinterland
A Secluded Retreat
An intimate setting tucked away in the Byron hinterland was where 28 of their nearest and dearest gathered for a great evening of food, wine and celebration. Melissa and Remi were such a lovely couple who were an absolute pleasure to cater for on their special day. They had a very brief ceremony on the lawn, and dove straight into the celebrating with no hesitation. The canapés were served as everyone mingled on either the lawn or the verandah, and Melissa just couldn’t wait to get her hands on one of the Baby Burgers.
- Freshly Shucked Oysters – Natural with Squeeze of Lime or Kilpatrick
- Baby Cheeseburgers with Pickle, Mustard Tomato Relish
- Moroccan Chicken Cigars with a Chick Pea Whip
- Mini Tarts of Baby Beetroot with Chevre, Hazelnuts, Puy Lentil and Micro Chard
- Vietnamese Vegetarian Rice Paper Spring Rolls with a Nam Jim Dip
The long set table down the opposite verandah was were the feast and wine bar of specially sourced vinos were set up for the next component of the evening . The set up gave us a chance to change our usual style of feasting by having a skinny table and a grand layout of each dish on the gorgeous wooden dining table in the house.
- Hot Breads served with Butter
- Pear, Walnut, Roquefort, Shaved Fennel, Whitloof Salad with White Balsamic Dressing
- BBQ Scampi rubbed in Citrus, Herbs, Ginger, Leek Straw & Shallot
- Ripe Tomato & Caramelised Onion Tart
- Classic Caesar Salad, Crispy Prosciutto, Garlic Croutons, Soft Boiled Egg
- Rolled Sweet Bangalow Pork, Macadamia, Lemon Zest & Thyme Stuffing with Homemade Peach & Apricot Chutney
- Wild Rice Salad, Cob Corn, Pine Nuts & Dried Cranberries, Thyme, Red Capsicum with an Orange Dressing
You’d think that would be enough to stuff them, but after a lot of conversation at the table they all came back for the Late Night Feast that could not be beat!
- Red Velvet Wedding Cake with accompaniments of Berry Coulis, Double Cream
- Platter of Cheeses and Foie Gras, Breads, Crackers & Dried Fruits
- Maple & Stout Glazed Leg of Ham served with Mustards, Homemade Relish and Crusty French Bread
It was truly a wonderful evening and we couldn’t have asked for a more lovely couple to work with on their very special day.